A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Forum rules
One topic per map. Avoid uploading heavy files.

Cucumber
Topic Author

Re: [Minisiege] The Last Bulwark

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:18 am

There we go, we just tried your map for the first time on the server mr. Cucumber.
It was very one-sided and easy for the attackers, so have to make it harder for them.
My first suggestion is to remove the bridge-barricade, and make the attackers spawn on the other side of the river.
Next, perhaps use the staircase differently? Make it a town-gate you have to pass, thus it is harder for attackers, and they might use the sewers then? Because as it is now, nobody will use it, since its much easier to go straight up.
I will improve the map, but since I'm out of town for a few days it'll have to wait a little bit. From the chat log and from what you suggested I've got some ideas on how to. I'll start to work on when I return. Thanks to everyone who played and participated in the test.

BTW, a few people complained about their framerates, since I'm still kinda a newbie in map making, do you guys knows any tips and tricks for a more optimized map?

Cucumber
Topic Author

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 pm

How to delete comment??
Last edited by Cucumber on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cucumber
Topic Author

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 am

Hello guys! I think the map is ready for another test. I've added defensive fortifications to reinforce defenders' position in the map. The main stair is now a double gatehouse. First door is destructible but the second one is a portcullis operated from inside the gateway. So the attackers should jump and reach the winch to open it. Also, the first door is not passable unless some attacker sappers remove the earth in front of it. If the attackers destroy the left-side walls, there is a ramp inside to make a way to top. The front walls are 3 layers so they can stand like 6-7 successful arty hits. Also, the flag is now can be both captured from inside and outside of the main defender building, but i think it could be more advantageous for defenders now, because they can hold it where they spawn, so I'm not sure about its new place.

I have moved the attacker spawns to the bridge and to a back alley, which would I think add 5-10 seconds to their route. Placed some other obstacles along their way to ensure the defenders reach their spots in time. Also added two boats below the bridge because why not?

Reduced the arty on the bridge from 2 to 1, and also I've made sure that defender cannons don't have sight of the bridge. The connector building's entrance I've also reinforced to gain some time for the defenders. I've added some little cover for attackers to make them able to hold the ground against the defenders on the walls. Removed some of the background buildings, bushes and foliage to make the it more fps-friendly but the map is less pretty now :(

So, anyway, here are the pics and the map file, tell me what you think!

Map file(128 kb) and the scene code:
scn_mp_fort_lyon_night.sco
scn_mp_fort_lyon_night mp_fort_lyon_night 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002300000000005194a000041ef00005ae800003c55 
 outer_terrain_plain 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

77y_Kruse!!!
Minisiege Map Manager
Minisiege Map Manager

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm

What about moving the spawns to the other side of the attacker-artillery?
Opening the barricade and replace it, that will give the defenders more needed time to prepare.

Cucumber
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm

What about moving the spawns to the other side of the attacker-artillery?
Opening the barricade and replace it, that will give the defenders more needed time to prepare.
I did as you suggested. The attackers now spawn here:

The updated map file is attached to the first post. I've also added a new pic which summarized the map.

Cucumber
Topic Author

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Are you guys thinking about testing the map again? If so, please let me know beforehand so I can join the testing.