A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Should buffs be enabled?

Yes
8 (62%)
No
5 (38%)

Total votes: 13

Kemosabe
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: Should buffs be enabled?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Regardless with buff, is it possible to reintroduce the other units again for the sake of variety of characters model in the game? Such as with arty train or flag bearer.

As Max has said earlier and as I recall by myself, I think you can spawn in as an arty train without the horse itself. And regarding flag bearer, I think I've played somewhere quite long time ago where you can actually store your flag in your inventory, instead of completely dropping it on the ground when you swap weapons.

And would it also be possible to, instead of despawning flag shortly after it's being dropped, remove the flag itself as soon as players pressed 'G', or whatever dropping weapons keybind they have?

madcammy

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

I am neutral here i think there will be problems and some good to buffs, for example 
1. I wouldnt put on the arty train on minisiege HELL FUCKING NO sorry i had to lol
2.I like of the officers buffs and the musicians buffs add a bit of fun
3. The flags not to sure
Overall i wouldnt complain about it if buffs were on or not

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Just to be clear: buffs will not be enabled anytime soon. 

LOL I see we used to have those bonuses at one point according to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=240, Take note of the top left corner. Also check the vote: it's 8:5 meaning more people want them enabled then disabled.

I still don't know why they are disabled now while we used to have them enabled...

If you guys think they will never be enabled, Then I think that Musicians should be disabled completely. Since people troll with useless musicians and having teams outnumbered.

Now my Opinion:

No artillery trains
Disable earthworks
Keep planks disabled
Keep spyglasses diabled
Enable Field Commanders

Gretel
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Let me quote to you what Kody said on another thread:
"Few points that have been missed out on both threads there was a trial period once where buffs, flags and officers were enabled to their full extent and so just thought I would add on the points:
  1. Removing the arty train itself from the artillery sergeant did work (due to Maxs script) but people complained too much "wheres my arty train" etc that it meant they would spam and then admins were forced to ban them for chat spam/abusing admins.
  2. One of the previous senior admins/ previous admin found a bug with the officers spyglass would cause a server crash.
  3. The artillery officers do glitch artillery rankers ability to grab a shot for about 3-4 seconds unless the ranker is aware they have to hold down their interact key making it good for trolls and admins who wanted a specific artillery piece.
Not sure these points really matter as buffs won't get turned on but hey thought might as well but them down anyway."
This image must have been that trial period. 

"it's 8:5 meaning more people want them enabled then disabled." - That may be the case, but if the Owner, the Seniors and the Head Admin are telling you it causes many issues, then i'm afraid it can NOT be done, simple as that. Again, you're posting an image that is 1 year old during the trial period, which clearly didn't work.
If I could find a way to enable buffs for just musicians and nothing else then happy days i'd do it, but for now, I am unaware as to what can and can not be done.

Like I said previously, I will see with someone if it is possible over this weekend (possibly), but for now I don't believe you are even reading what Quick and I are saying. 

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 pm

"Sigh... Whatever..." *eyeroll*

Edit: If Minisiege opened in fall of 2014, Then idk why it was considered the "Trial period"  when that thread was posted in June of 2016. and that the website was made on the 30th of December of 2016.

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Anyways I am done posting here.

TheQuickOne
Minisiege Head Admin
Minisiege Head Admin

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Thread locked due to some people not getting the meaning of the word NO.