A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

lastash
Topic Author

Slain after "Ramboing"

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 pm

HI guys,

Since there is no section for this, i'd like to ask about the rules on the server.

I was playing as light cav (Nassauer Mounted Jagers) and attacking a unit.

I had 3 mounted cav left (me, and 2 AI)

1 of the AI got dismounted.

I then got slain for "ramboing"

I was within the range of my units for me to be able to attack enemies.

I don't understand this rule, could someone explain it to me?

Thanks,

lastash

p.s.
I have the logs proving that I had units still alive.
On a kind of related note to the incident, I believe I got a temp ban afterwards for using the f word in the chat afterwards.

lastash
Topic Author

Re: Slain after "Ramboing"

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Bonus: I was(temp?) banned after protesting that I wasn't ramboing. 

On second thoughts, there is absolute proof that I wasn't my last cav alive, as I respawned (if I was alone I would be dead). Also note that if I had another unit alive ( I had two others) then I can't damage anyone outside of a certain range of them.
Therefore I had at least 1 unit alive, and I was within range of it where I could still deal damage.
If that is ramboing, then I don't know what isn't.

Roenz

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:25 am

Hello lastash,

I will quickly explain the rambo rule. Ramboing is when someone charges alone while his unit is standing back and not charging with him, this also counts for if your entire unit is dead and you charge alone. And since you were cavalry (I don't know if you did this but just saying) if all your bots are dismounted or dead you have to dismount aswell and join a friendly line (not cavalry unit).

Since I was not online at the time yhis happend I do not know if you were ramboing or not, to figure that out we will need to wait for the response of the admin who slayed you.

Greetings,
Roenz

Adompop
Game Admin
Game Admin

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Greeting lastash.
You were slain because your men were not in melee with you. Secondly the reason I temporarily-banned you is because you insulted an admin after being punished.

lastash
Topic Author

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi Adam,

I will have to keep shadowplay running in the future, because I believe that me units were in combat (but can't prove it).

Also I don't think "After you fucking slayed me" is an insult, I was inferring that slaying me was excessive even if I was ramboing, as the convention I have seen is that an admin sends a message to tell the person ramboing to dismount or be slayed.

If I had said "because fucking you slayed me" that would be an insult, but I didn't.

Anyway, thanks for responding. I will be more careful to not do anything that someone could interpret as ramboing, and I will also better document the incident with in-game screenshots if I am slain.

lastash

Roenz

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:30 am

Hey Iastash,

In your response to Adompop you said that you normally see an admin telling someone to dismount when they are ramboing however this normally is when 1. The person is not engaged yet then he is told to turn around, 2. When someone who was in charge with an unit and his unit died engages an enemy unit then he is told to dismount. But normally when someone who is ramboing and is engaged is seen by an admin he gets straight off slayed, this because to save the unit he is engaging from more loses .

If after my explanation the rambo rule is still unclear you can read the rules here.

Roenz

Thundgil
Senior EU Commander Admin
Senior EU Commander Admin

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 am

Hello all,

Since i was playing on server at that moment i could say the following to clear this situation:

It is correct: you charged with your bots against 2 enemy cavalry units (was Ed and me). After that cav fight you charged Adompops infantry. And even that is the point where you have been slayed for ramboing. After the cav fight you must have hit F1 to hold your troops outside or remount or only to regroup. (Perhaps accidently?). The fact is: your men have been alive and its true- one was still mounted in that moment - but you attacked alone and they didin´t follow.
So it was right decision Adompop made.

At the point of the insult you could have different opinions. But always think about that: Game admins at server are persons that have to be respected from players. They offer theyr time to hold server clean. If they read things that could be understood like an insult- they can punish like here. And also only to avoid a possible degeneration of sítuation.
So you have your time to cool down during the temp-ban and come back to server in a friendly manner like usual :)

So here my best wishes for future and have fun playing on server. 

BlackKnight
EUC Head Admin
EUC Head Admin

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 am

Because I was not on the server at the time, I will only put a short comment regarding slay decision by Adompop. 
From what I learned in lines written above I totally support his decision to slay you as Rambo cav, and you now aware why you wore a Rambo at 1st place in admins eyes.  

Regarding the temp ban issue for saying "After you fucking slayed me", I can only say all admins are allowed to react according to their current decisions and assessment of the situation. Maby me or some other admin would not react in that manner, but I would not call that decision wrong in general. Every admin is under constant pressure from players on the server to react accordingly and not to let the situation go out of control. Because sometimes simple slay can set the whole server on fire from bad comments and trolling, so the thing is when you address to admin best to avoid being rude because of the general impression. 
Am sorry you had to go through all this only to find out how the things work and how do the rules apply, but I guess it can happen to all of us. I only hope you don`t hold any grudge against any of my admins and keep in mind that we would do the same thing for you if you wore attacked or provoked in any way from another player on the server.

Hope you will continue to enjoy on our server because only by working all together we can build big and healthy community. 
Have a nice day.