There hasn't been very many updates regarding Minisiege in a long time here, so I thought it's just about time that I post a new update regrading what has been going on inside Minisiege as of the recent month, cause oh boy have we been busy. The new update, of course, is our main update, as this meant we had to re-update everything we had previously to be compatible with it.
- New Minisiege Head Admin (TheQuickOne) has been appointed replacing BearlyHuman.
- 1 New Senior admin added to our team (Takeout from the 16th).
- Restructure of admin team, new Trial period system introduced to help assist newer admins into their roles.
Script changes and additions done by Caesim, very much appreciated work from him and big thanks to him for these changes!
- Most scripts updated to become compatible with the new NW update.
- Optimisations regarding server lag.
- Server welcome message updated (Text wrapping also was fixed as it used to take up a new line for 1 word). This also adds player GUID here.
- Earthworks now disappear, if they are undug when they have no hp left. Allows undigging of glitched earthworks.
- Medics have been buffed (To replace our old toilet healing system).
- Health per hit with the bandage increased to 20% per hit.
- Text colour changed from pink to red (helps admins, as it was the same colour as internal admin chat)
- Flags have been re-introduced into the server. If these are dropped, however, they do not stand upright but are dropped like a weapon (to avoid flag blocking / trolling)
- Spyglasses re-enabled, bugs regarding this have been fixed,
- Bonuses turned back on so flag bearers and musicians are not useless in a battle now.
Map changes are done by the good work of our 2 map managers, Kruse and Aztir. Big thanks to them for keeping things fresh and updating maps on requests!
- Zulu map (Custom map 9) - removed from rotation entirely.
- Out of rotation map (Fort Fausbourg (Morning)) is a new cav map being tested.
- Rotation completely changed, much easier to keep track of as it goes from custom map 1, 2 , 3, 4 ,5 - In a logical order.
- new ladder at back
- 9 new molotovs with new crate locations for defending team
- All rooftops should be accessible now by walking on
- Minor tree location tweaks
- Extra toilet added near windmill
- Extra close up cannons for attackers now (to make them less useless)
- Optimisation tweaks, removed some unnecessary props.
- New addition of a staircase coming from the tunnel / basement below fort. Should add some extra depth to defending.
- Removed 2nd ladder at back of the fort, this avoids too many attacking routes and to help balance map (Still need tweaks).
- Attacker spawn drastically changed to add a mortar and cannon on the hill, rather than just 1 cannon and howitzer.
I will try to post these updates more often now, and thank you very much to the people who have done these updates, script managers and map managers. Your work is very much appreciated!