A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Bethrezen
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Re: little to no cannons on some maps

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:18 am

Custom Map 1:
  • The main artillery position I have with this map is the Howlizer. The reason why is because in order to get kills with it, one must aim at the red flowers/the ground in order to get kills, Since Howlizers usually fire much higher then cannons, this make it that if a person aims at the fort with it, it will miss. meaning that the only way to get kills is to aim at the ground. I will upload screenshots when I have time and you will understand what I mean. And most times, people just skip the tutorial on the homescreen and just go straight into the game. Meaning people will start asking for help and they don't listen by aiming at the fort then at the ground. So what I have to say for this map is to move the howlizer farther away from its original position.
  • Custom Map 4:
    Same thing as the thing on Custom Map 1, it is too close near the fort and since howlizers fire higher than cannons, people will start complaining that they will miss because they aim at the fort then at the ground. So I think for this map, It will be fine if we move the Howlizer farther away from its original position. OR Replace the Howlizer with a cannon instead.
Players are supposed to observe where the trajectory of the cannonball and adjust the cannon accordingly. All players who actually want to learn how to shoot with a howitzer/cannon will do that. Complain about it? I have never seen any complains about it. Ever.

This is why the attackers sometimes lose on fort Hohenfels,
That is horrible! The attackers should NEVER lose on that fort!
Artillery is supposed to give SUPPORT to the team, not necessarily kills.
How many kills do sappers or musicians get?

Ajay Ghale
Topic Author

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:35 am

Custom Map 1:
  • The main artillery position I have with this map is the Howlizer. The reason why is because in order to get kills with it, one must aim at the red flowers/the ground in order to get kills, Since Howlizers usually fire much higher then cannons, this make it that if a person aims at the fort with it, it will miss. meaning that the only way to get kills is to aim at the ground. I will upload screenshots when I have time and you will understand what I mean. And most times, people just skip the tutorial on the homescreen and just go straight into the game. Meaning people will start asking for help and they don't listen by aiming at the fort then at the ground. So what I have to say for this map is to move the howlizer farther away from its original position.
  • Custom Map 4:
    Same thing as the thing on Custom Map 1, it is too close near the fort and since howlizers fire higher than cannons, people will start complaining that they will miss because they aim at the fort then at the ground. So I think for this map, It will be fine if we move the Howlizer farther away from its original position. OR Replace the Howlizer with a cannon instead.
Players are supposed to observe where the trajectory of the cannonball and adjust the cannon accordingly. All players who actually want to learn how to shoot with a howitzer/cannon will do that. Complain about it? I have never seen any complains about it. Ever.

This is why the attackers sometimes lose on fort Hohenfels,
That is horrible! The attackers should NEVER lose on that fort!
Artillery is supposed to give SUPPORT to the team, not necessarily kills.
How many kills do sappers or musicians get?

Musicians? They get no kills and are 100% useless due to the fact you guys are completely against bonuses. So my philosophy, we should have all musicians disable since they lead to inbalanced teams. As for sappers, I really don't focus on that since I don't usually play as sapper.

"Players are supposed to observe where the trajectory of the cannonball and adjust the cannon accordingly. All players who actually want to learn how to shoot with a howitzer/cannon will do that. Complain about it? I have never seen any complains about it. Ever." I go through lots of greif that alot people that use it will aim too high with it by aiming at the same spot every single time. they then start getting annoyed that they don't get kills because they just don't know how to use artillery.

About you quoting fort Hohenfels: I think you missed this quote from Max:

"Regarding this maps I see two problems:

- Firs this map shouldn't be in the rotation cycle as the only way to enter without artillery or sapper stuff is to break the many many planks on the left side. I'm sorry but if I was one of the very few players that play at night EU time or populate early in the morning or afternoon, I wouldn't want to spend a tremendous amount of time destroying the planks." this means that in order for the attackers to win, They mostly have to go artillery since it will be difficult to win without any artillery holes in the walls.

Bethrezen
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:14 am

I go through lots of greif that alot people that use it will aim too high with it by aiming at the same spot every single time. they then start getting annoyed that they don't get kills because they just don't know how to use artillery.
Then people should start learning how to use artillery. How is this a map issue?
Like I said, I have never seen a single complaint about the howitzers and I consider myself one of the most active players on the server.

The thing Max said was before the fort Hohenfels map was updated. Play on our server now and check out the changes.

77y_Kruse!!!

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:29 am

They don't go artillery because sometimes the cannons at the spawn don't usually bring kills most of the time and they are mostly use for breaching the walls only.[/color][/font]

This regarding Fort Hohenfels, I see what you mean.
There is quite the lack in balance with arty-pieces in this map.
Ill ask the admin team what their preferred solution May be, and Lets see what Update Will come in the future. Thank you 😊