A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

 
User avatar
Sam
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
Location: Netherlands

Pushed into death after spawning on Custom Map 5 (Lighthouse)

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Today I made an interesting discovery on custom map 5. To begin with, I spawned on the starboard (right) handrail of the ship docked at the pier at the beginning of the round. When the other players spawned alongside with me, I was pushed from the handrail and fell to my death on the sea floor. I can remember that this happened at least one other time to me. I just wanted to rapport this in case it would be of use to anyone (and maybe learn something about spawns in the process). If you look at the attached screenshot you can see the location of my helpless body lying on the ocean floor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 
User avatar
Ajay Ghale
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 3:24 am
Location: Somewhere in Space...

Re: Pushed into death after spawning on Custom Map 5 (Lighthouse)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 am

Yeah I have that problem on the lighthouse sometimes. I believe that if we make the docks longer so it covers the length of the entire ship. Then hopefully it will fix it. Just my opinion.
 
User avatar
Sam
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Pushed into death after spawning on Custom Map 5 (Lighthouse)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:42 am

There's another strange but funny thing that happened (about 4 months ago) when I played on this map (It might not be related to the map though). I basically stood on the platform at the top of the mast and jumped, what I believed, to be a certain death for my character. I landed deep down in one of those small, controllable boats. Interesting enough, my health-bar was completely untouched. I tried it another time in the same way, but died. I know it really sounds bs until you experience it for your self.
 
User avatar
Gretel
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Pushed into death after spawning on Custom Map 5 (Lighthouse)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 am

Topic moved to here.
The falling off the mast thing and either living or dying is like a 75% chance to die and 25% chance to live from what I’ve experienced, quite weird indeed... but the spawning off the side thing is known but placing spawns on the boat seems to be quite glitchy if there are a decent amount of players on (but it only seems to be the spawns nearer the side, because clumps form and push people)
Image
 
User avatar
Strategie99
Game Admin
Game Admin
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Pushed into death after spawning on Custom Map 5 (Lighthouse)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:29 pm

We were only 15-20 players each side at this time, so it shouldn't be the amount of players.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest