A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Gaz
Topic Author

Re: Issue with Custom Map 8

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:51 am

Map 8 was supposed to be Hougoumont. That's why I wouldn't have made any major modification.

Wow the old version of the map was really well done then cause it looked exactly like it. For all its faults i preferred the this version of the map before all the pointless edits came in. You know the old saying.

Dont fix things that are not broken!

Maximilien
Website Manager
Website Manager

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 am

Yes, and also people should know that modifying things or trying to fix stuff will quite often bring problems too. The best example is the lighthouse modification. It was made wider and as a consequence people can now build shit and block the exit of the TP door, which is the only way to the flag.

Gaz
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes, and also people should know that modifying things or trying to fix stuff will quite often bring problems too. The best example is the lighthouse modification. It was made wider and as a consequence people can now build shit and block the exit of the TP door, which is the only way to the flag.
People could build up there either way, just when they did it and it threw people off we had a reason to us a little admin magic and make it go poof in a puff of smoke. 

Kemosabe

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Is it possible to have the old version back? And by old I mean, the original and unedited one, unlike the current mansion map. I don't mind changes at all, but the current ones look a bit of poor quality and feels like things are tried to be forcefully fitted in even though they don't even belong there on the first place. But then again it's just my insight, a person who doesn't have a clue of map making, I believe it's hard and time consuming, it's just a criticism and I have no intention what so ever to disrespect one's work.

♕Futui_tuto♕
Game Admin
Game Admin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:08 am

Idk where you all was, when Custom map 8 was original and not playable. Attackers team always won in 2-3 minutes. Was 6 (with out ramps) entrances to flag zone and 80% of players know all ways on this map. Defenders always lost without any chanses to win.. Now, after start, attackers have 3 entrances to first defenders line + back gates + every time attackers have a sapper, and this sappers always! create earth work, so they have another enrance. They own 1 defenders line in 3 minutes. Next - flag zone, here 3 entrances, when they open portcullis - 4, and sapper works here, no need to do some specific, just dig up and build sandbag + really many players know, and jump on roofs above the restroom. About earthwork on entrance, yes, defenders trying to protect earthwork, but attackers dig out it too.. And they lost here no more then 1-1:30 minutes.. For me this map balanced now, but attackers win in 60% of battles... But, I create some changes, which you wanna...

Maximilien
Website Manager
Website Manager

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 am

I know that people prefer to play on a balanced map. But I wouldn't sacrifice the map design just to "balance" the map. There are other options such as reducing the timer for example, or making walls/buildings slightly bigger. Anyway I intend to make deep modifications on this map, completely reworking the central building. And the incoming scripts will have very important consequences on all maps.

♕Futui_tuto♕
Game Admin
Game Admin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 am

It will be interesting to see.