A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Aspergertin
Topic Author

IDEA in game rules considering Autism jokes

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:44 pm

If people can make Autism jokes i should be able to joke about Jews........  

what i am saying is no more jokes about this stuff

Gretel
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: IDEA in game rules considering Autism jokes

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Our rules state: 
NOT ALLOWED
  • Offending other players or regiments.
I would class this as insulting another player, so therefore such things should be stopped. If you have any problems such as people saying this ingame, please do not hesitate to ask an admin for it to come to a halt, or much better, ask one of us on steam and we will act accordingly.

Thanks for posting this, and my apologies if people have ignored this in the past if you brought it up to the admins.

Aspergertin
Topic Author

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Our rules state: 
NOT ALLOWED
  • Offending other players or regiments.
I would class this as insulting another player, so therefore such things should be stopped. If you have any problems such as people saying this ingame, please do not hesitate to ask an admin for it to come to a halt, or much better, ask one of us on steam and we will act accordingly.

Thanks for posting this, and my apologies if people have ignored this in the past if you brought it up to the admins.

Thanks i just keep seeing these jokes its not funny knowing i have it slightly .........

Ivcky2
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:02 pm

If you see it on the server don't hesitate to ask me to deal with it. I have Aspergers so I know the feeling when people blatantly make fun of a disability that affects many people.

My in-game name is Montgomery.
Ingame name: Montgomery. Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087235406

Bethrezen
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Insults like "Are you blind?"; "Are you deaf?"; "idiot", which used to mean a person with a very severe intellectual disability; "cretin" which means someone suffering from cretinism; "retard", which also means a person with mental disabilities, most of them are based on disabilities (in all languages, not just in English).

We try as much as we can to keep the insults to a minimum, but you can also help out, like Gretel also said, by contacting an admin or by making a ban request here, on the forum.

Please note, however, that seeing players breaking the rules and not getting punished for different reasons does not entitle you to break the rules yourself. Breaking the rules is the worst way of getting our attention.

[32nd]Diamond63
Senior EU Commander Admin
Senior EU Commander Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:58 am

Like Gretel and Bethrezen had already explained, that kind of behavior isn't allowed on our servers, so feel free to report it to any admin. I'm jumping in just so people see that this is the case with all of our servers, not just Minisiege, since there was a same problem on EU_Commander few days ago.

Cheers!