A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Dr.Dimples
Topic Author

Lack of Admins On During NA Times

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:05 am

Your in-game name: DrDimples
Your GUID:
Your Steam URL: 
Complaint: Lack of admins on during NA peak times.
What happened (the issue)
Hello,

To the point...There are many NA players who love/frequent this server (me being one) and I believe we need an NA admin to protect our server and its players during peak NA times.

In the USA players are most active after work/school around 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM UTC. (5:00 PM - 11:00 PM for west coast USA) Which is when most if not all of our current admin team unavailable...and the trolling/rule breaking reaches its heights. I see a lot of BS happening during these hours and because of no admin being on many people rage quit and the server pop can at times drops drastically.  :mad:

I'm aware admin applications are officially closed until autumn, but I believe the sooner you guys can find/add at least one active NA admin the sooner the server can reach its full potential during both EU and NA times. 

Perhaps this is something for the admin team to consider.  :shrug:
When did this happen (situation): Usually while EU admins are sleeping.
Proof (Screenshot, witness, logs):
Additional comments (you may also add images to visualize):
Last edited by Dr.Dimples on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuBeZ

Re: Lack of Admins On During NA Times

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

Hello! Thank you for your complaint. Be sure to edit your complaint and fill out the correct form for this forum.
To answer your concern. We simply enough do not get NA admin applications for Minisiege (not much applicants at all and most of them are not good enough). 

Bethrezen
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Hello and thank you for your concern!
Between those hours, as you well know, since we see each other a lot on the server, there are currently quite a few admins playing (me, Loifas, Med, Mercutio, Takeout, are just a few examples of the admins who join in that period of time).  Yesterday was an exception probably, but I still joined for an hour and a half in the time interval you specified. Takeout was there too for at least two hours. Yes, there could be gaps of time uncovered by any admins, but this can happen and does happen in the EU time too.

This being said, it would be great to have a NA admin helping with the NA time, but, as Qubez also pointed out, we've had very few applications from NA players. Don't forget you can also actively help us by reporting the trolls, especially the very disruptive ones, here, on the forums. Post enough evidence, a video, some pictures, maybe some logs as well, and we can investigate and punish the culprits.

Thank you again and see you on the battlefield!

Dr.Dimples
Topic Author

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Thank you for the responses, and I will fix my format now. Yes let me be clear not to discredit the hard work of the AWESOME admins you listed Beth(including yourself)! The amount of work you guys put in is phenomenal, thank you.
Clearly though there is still an unhealthy overlap in the time zones (you guys having to come on such annoying times in the morning)  :=D: An NA admin could take some undue pressure off. That was my thoughts. 

Thanks and I will continue to do what I can by filling quality reports!

Ajay Ghale

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 pm

I do agree with the fact that their are no/not enough admins here from the Americas. I have been enjoying this server ever since I got Napoleonic Wars. Not only I like it for being a popular siege server. (EU_Commander also a great server as well with line battles). But also for excellent administration. However, since most times I see a rule breaker when EU admins are sleeping. I usually take action by writing a ban request. I written many of them since I started playing it due to the amount of trolls, and rule breakers. I written a total of 10 ban requests. I have links to them here (From oldest to newest):

Ban request 1
Ban request 2
Ban request 3
Ban request 4
Ban request 5
Ban request 6
Ban request 7
Ban request 8
Ban request 9
Ban request 10

Anyway, I do hope that someone will eventually apply to be a NA admin because most times when an admin is not on, people would start chat trolling and start teamhitting or troll artillery.

This is something I am agreeing on.

Take care,

1stEB_Rec_Edward

77y_Kruse!!!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Are you members of the Minisiege Steam Group?
Admins may not always be in the game, but if they are online on steam, you can find them in that group, and message them to get on.
Maybe it could help?