A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Gumball
Topic Author

Unban Request

Sun May 05, 2019 1:17 pm

--------------------------
Your in-game name (your name at the time of the ban/mute): DontAbuseOfYourPower 
Your GUID* (optional): 
Date and hour of your ban/mute (UTC/GMT) - (DD/MM/YY):  like 4 pm,  4 of april 
Reason for your ban: Destroying friendly sapper works, that was blocking our team from firing through windows....
Write your apology**:Good afternoon everyboy,

I see you decided to ban me only on the facts this player reported. Yes i was destroying his work, but not to annoy him or else, but to allow us to fire through the widow. He was building strange sapper work that block our view to shoot the ennemies coming into the house. Except the fact it was also useless works, it does not matter really, he builds what he wants, but only if he does not obstruct over teammates to play/ fight. When some sapper block windows/ doors/ cannon pull line you destroyed it, i was just doing the same. 

Despite this, maybe i should have tried to speak with him, but during the game, sometimes you do not take the time too.  
I find your ban unfair, since I have not misbehaved since last time I got "punished", please consider what I have said and come back to me.
I have already exchanged and understand your point of view, I can apologize if the other person takes too personally, but in my point of view I was not doing bad.
--------------------------

Word of advice:
Before applying for an unban, please try to remember if you were temporary banned or permanently banned. 
Temporary bans last one hour since you were banned, after which you can rejoin the server again.
This forum is dedicated only to those who have been permanently banned.
Note that you should never ask us or in any way try to spam/bump your unban request. We have seen your request and will inspect it all in good time. We do not need to be reminded. Spamming and bumping your request will have an negative effect on the whole process.

*Your GUID can be found while joining servers such as Tropical Paradise, EU_Commander, or The Groupfighting Server. Even though this is optional, please try to provide it. This will help us greatly with finding you faster on the banlist and will help you get unbanned faster.

** This is mandatory in order to get unbanned, if you don't apologize or if your apology isn't convincing, we won't unban you. If however you were banned but you have a problem with it, please post a complaint in the appropriate area here: http://www.nwpublic.com/viewforum.php?f=59 and we will look into it.

Gretel
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unban Request

Sun May 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello there, 
I find your ban unfair, since I have not misbehaved since last time I got "punished",

Considering you put quotations around punished, I don't think you realise just how much you have trolled or particularly care what we say to you. Considering how many different admins had punished you and the volume of the amounts of punishments given to you, I'm suspect to believe that you were punished rightfully so. After all, it wasn't just 1 permanent ban - it was also 9 slays, 1 kick and 2 temp bans. Given this ratio, it should have been 3 Temp bans. 

Also, given the history you had on the server, it is quite clear as to why the Senior admin decided to listen to the players ban request and accept it. Also, your name implies you expect an admin to "abuse his powers" against you. 

On this occasion, maybe you are correct that it was blocking your point of view through the window. But ultimately, it is down to admin discretion whether or not it is a waste of BP or not, not the players. He was clearly attempting to make a pathway to the roof, to allow the defenders a wider area to shoot upon the attackers, you should have just let him continue or call the admin that he is blocking somewhere you see valuable. Our Discord also allows you great access to admins, simple @ the Minisiege admin role and i'm more than sure someone will respond to you, if an admin happens to ignore you in-game, as messages can be missed quite easily there.

I'm only pointing out some things, it is down to another Senior admin, or even the Head admin, on what they wish to do with your unban request.

Gumball
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2019 2:08 pm

"After all, it wasn't just 1 permanent ban - it was also 9 slays, 1 kick and 2 temp bans." You are are getting this again on the table, whereas it is getting quite old, I have not misbehaved since my first perma ban. It is meaningless to speak about previous things dating from more than one year. Anyway, I know you are trying to understand and listen both sides, but I am sad to getting ban for a misunderstood situation. Anyway feel free to come back to me, I am waiting for you to speak about this unfair ban....
The quotation around punished are here because we are talking about game not a crime, and it feels to refer to childhood. We are both grown up person, that is all.
My ingame name is linked to jailbreak, moreover it is just a name, I can change it if it is not suitable for you.

Bethrezen
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Sun May 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Since when do players are allowed to enforce the rules (or at least, what they think the rules are) by themselves, however they see fit, and also by breaking the server rules themselves? Even if what you say is true, have you tried to address an admin before taking the matters into your own hands? No, you did not.

I find your ban unfair, since I have not misbehaved since last time I got "punished".
Yes you have:

17:34:56 - [SERVER]: 33rd_Vet_Salzar Slayed Player DontAbuseOfYourPower.
17:35:02 - *Admin*[33rd_Vet_Salzar]: DO not teamhit  

13:16:55 - [SERVER]: Ben Slayed Player DontAbuseOfYourPower.
13:17:04 - *Admin*[Ben]: Do not teamhit.

The following logs are from the same day and time you broke the rules by destroying Buhan's sapperworks:
16:18:33 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Buhan 3 health.
16:19:13 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Buhan 2 health.
16:21:09 - [Buhan] Dontabuse, Stop greifing
16:26:37 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 2 health.
16:26:40 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 2 health.
16:26:43 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 3 health.
16:26:45 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 3 health.

16:26:47 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 3 health.
16:26:52 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 3 health.
16:27:09 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit Marechal_Lannes 5 health.
16:28:34 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 2 health.
16:28:38 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 3 health.
16:28:48 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 3 health.
16:29:03 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 2 health.
16:29:21 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 2 health.
16:29:27 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 2 health.
16:29:31 - DontAbuseOfYourPower teamhit 25pp_rek_RUDY 3 health.
Are all these players also trying to block the window you wanted to shoot through?

Conclusion:
You're a player who's had 7 slays, 1 kick and 2 temporary bans, before finally getting permanently banned last year, who's also broken the rules 2 more times since your unbanning (2 slays), and who has been reported by another player for breaking the rules and there is evidence you've also broken the rules by teamhitting at least two other players. And yet you try to blame the admins for banning you without proof. 
So you are just banning people regarless of the real facts, and you are not even listenning, just banning, ok thak you for your nice judgement.

Please tell us why we should consider unbanning you before Christmas 2019?

Gumball
Topic Author

Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Sorry for the delay, I am coming back to you.
Nonetheless, I understand what you said, but the fact when you get slain by an admin, you are punished immediately, so need to argue on this, I already got my sanction. 
The thing I don t understand is why do you keep avoiding the main report, made by the player, why can I not explain myself to him or you, that is all I am trying to you say...

Ivcky2
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Fri May 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Nonetheless, I understand what you said, but the fact when you get slain by an admin, you are punished immediately, so need to argue on this, I already got my sanction. 
This is why I told you to make a complaint, you're disputing the ban not acknowledging and apologising for what you've done which is what Unban requests are for.
I'm going to bring this up again You've had 9 slays, 1 kick and 2 temp bans and 1 perma ban in the past before the current perma ban so you may say you've already had your "sanction" but what it tells us is that someone with this record clearly doesn't respect us, the server or our rules and so it's perfectly reasonable in our eyes to remove someone from the server permanently if they can't follow our rules, there is no reason for us to endlessly slay you for constant rule breakings, those slays and temp bans are warnings that you've been given and the Permanent ban is the punishment for those actions.
I'm not going to discuss the ban request as it was already decided upon and you chose to make a unban request instead of disputing it as I told you to do and so I'll give you one more shot to explain to us why you deserve to be unbanned before Christmas, not why you think you didn't do anything wrong, I want you to explain why we should take the chance on trusting you to behave on our server again.
Ingame name: Montgomery. Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087235406