A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

[Nr5]alax
Topic Author

Unmute Request - 17th_Col_Daniel_Carrick

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Important:
Please be sure to visit the forum after you've submitted your unban as there will be times we ask you to bump the thread at a later date to be unbanned. Failure to bump the thread will result in your unban request being declined after a a 2 week period of not bumping the said thread.

--------------------------
Your in-game name (your name at the time of the ban/mute): 17th_Col_Daniel_Carrick
Your GUID* (optional): 952369
Date and hour of your ban/mute (UTC/GMT) - (DD/MM/YY): Sometime on the 8th of August, 2019.
Reason for your ban: I was spamming individual recruitment messages.
Write your apology**: I was under the impression that individual recruitment messages were allowed as long as they are not spammed. My definition of Spam differs from the admin team's and after Bethrezen cleared it up for me I can see how It could come off as me spamming recruitment messages. I will not post individual recruitment messages on Minisiege in the future.
--------------------------

Word of advice:
Before applying for an unban, please try to remember if you were temporary banned or permanently banned.
Temporary bans last one hour since you were banned, after which you can rejoin the server again.
This forum is dedicated only to those who have been permanently banned.
Note that you should never ask us or in any way try to spam/bump your unban request. We have seen your request and will inspect it all in good time. We do not need to be reminded. Spamming and bumping your request will have an negative effect on the whole process.

*Your GUID can be found while joining servers such as Tropical Paradise, EU_Commander, or The Groupfighting Server. Even though this is optional, please try to provide it. This will help us greatly with finding you faster on the banlist and will help you get unbanned faster.

** This is mandatory in order to get unbanned, if you don't apologize or if your apology isn't convincing, we won't unban you. If however you were banned but you have a problem with it, please post a complaint in the appropriate area here: http://www.nwpublic.com/viewforum.php?f=59 and we will look into it.

Gretel
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unmute Request - 17th_Col_Daniel_Carrick

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:51 am

Hello Daniel,
 "I was under the impression that individual recruitment messages were allowed as long as they are not spammed."

Rule:
  • Spamming recruitment messages and recruiting without tags. This includes personal recruitment messages to a specific individual (Such as repeating someones name over and over until they reply, to ultimately ask them to join your regiment). Only 1 per round per regiment - Whilst you are using your regimental tags!
As you can see, the Rules clearly indicate that repeating someones name over and over until they reply to ask them to join your regiment, is against the rules. Not only this, but you were permanently banned in the past (2 years ago) AND muted in the past (around 5 months ago) and were clearly told this was against the rules by multiple different people via Steam, myself and the Head Admin of Minisiege included. Not only this, you have a plethora of warnings in-game to stop doing so both recently and before your first initial permanent ban, so you have a long history of ignoring this rule no matter how often we tell you about it.

It is unfair to our players to have to listen to the constant bombardment of regiments trying to recruit them, so that's why these rules are in place - as you are not the only one doing so. If these things are left unpunished, then regiments will exploit this at any given opportunity, and have done so on a multitude of occasions in the past. We have a list in our admin section of regiments who ignore or care little of our rules, incase you think this is directed only at your own regiment.

For now, I will leave this unmute request open to provide you time to reply and allow the Senior Admins and Head Admin of Minisiege to give their input.

Thanks,
- Gretel

[Nr5]alax
Topic Author

Re: Unmute Request - 17th_Col_Daniel_Carrick

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:26 pm

I did not keep repeating messages over and over until someone would reply. I would say someones name 2-3 times with an interval of a few minutes in between those messages to see if they spoke English. I was banned two years ago yes, but I was definetely not muted five months ago due to the fact that I wasn't even active five months ago. I was not told this was against the rules through steam by anyone prior to my mute. I was told that spamming someones name constantly was not allowed yes, but I did not do that constantly, as I stated earlier I repeated someone's name 2-3 times with an interval of a few minutes in between. I would like to ask what this "plethora" of warnings is because I can assure you I have never broken any of the rules save for the ban two years ago.