A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

✽[16th]Ἀχιλλεύς✽
Topic Author

[NW] Total Sound Overhaul Mod

Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

The aim of this mod

This will be probably the biggest sound project this module has ever known. I was tired of the vanilla sounds as 
they never impressed me and sounded really boring in my opinion. The aim for this mod is to make your battle, linebattle, commander battle, 
siege or whatever you like to play experience is, much more interesting and immersive. This mod will also use a custom scripted sounds.txt file to 
add more files than vanilla so it creates the option to have more variety of sounds in the game.

Features

To me sounds in a game are very important. They give your game experience an extra "OOF". The sounds in this mod will cover everything. 
From thunder sounds to birds chirping. Every sound will be modified. As said before this sound mod will also use a custom scripted sounds text file. 
The reason behind this is that it can add more sounds variations. For examplein the Napoleonic Wars folder there are only 10 different sound files 
for the muskets. With this scripted sounds.txt file we can even add 10 more. And this with every object or living being that makes a sound in this 
game. Every small detail will get edited and reviewed very carefully to get the best out of this mod.

Get Involved!

You can get involved with this mod with testing and giving your own opinion about
what sound you think should be changed. You can join this Steam Group if you want to support the mod and help me
finish it. In the steam group you will find a discussion where you can post your thoughts as a comment. If you however
don't wish to do it on the steam page you can either post it here or as a personal message.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWTSOM

Last edited by ✽[16th]Ἀχιλλεύς✽ on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

✽[16th]Ἀχιλλεύς✽
Topic Author

Re: [NW] Total Sound Overhaul Mod

Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Videos

Last edited by ✽[16th]Ἀχιλλεύς✽ on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ivcky2
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:07 pm

The sounds in the mod are quite good. If any ones got free time and wants to help I'd say go for it. I'll be helping to test when I can. 
Ingame name: Montgomery. Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087235406

✽[16th]Ἀχιλλεύς✽
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Thank you kindly will be updated regularly. :)

BlackKnight
EUC Head Admin
EUC Head Admin

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:17 am

Nice mod indeed. I don`t like vanilla sounds so currently am using The Reenactor's Musket Sounds but will keep an eye on this one because I like how its "sounds" ;)
Just keep posting here new updated so we are up to date. 
Good luck with your work

HappyBanana
Game Admin
Game Admin

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:38 pm

this mod looks interesting when will it be available?

WoeskiTheHusky

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:56 pm

Is this still going?