A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

SputNick^Swe
Topic Author

Nick / Name

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Nick / Name or what ever u wanna call ur self, how can that be an issue for the admins? And especially how can Hitler and his associates be the only banned ones? 

And please define an insulting or biggoting name ? is my name insulting because it inculdes "Dude" ? i just had a mate beeing kicked for having fag in his name, whilest beeing gay in an humoristic matter.
I swear that some ppl will recive that all kinds of nicks are insulting. The Admins definetly shouldnt ban unless some one specifically contact an admin and explain why it is beeing insulting. This kind of bulls*** only ruins a good night of gamming. 
8 months ago

Rule 1: Line infantry is not allowed to spread (F2-F6 command)
·         Grenzers, Russian Line Militia and Freikorps are now considered as Light infantry and are allowed to spread. All cavalry units and artillery are allowed to spread too.
·         Light infantry and skirmishers (jaegers/riflemen) are allowed to spread only 1 time if they are in 1 rank (row).

Rule 2: Ramboing is not allowed for both cavalry and infantry.
·         Cavalry ramboing: Means going away from your unit and attacking the enemy by yourself. If you had charged with your men, and all of them were killed, you are allowed to keep fighting on the horse, but when the charge ends you must dismount and join friendly line. If you engage again after the charge had ended, that will be considered as ramboing.
·         Infantry ramboing: Means the same as cavalry ramboing, with the few exceptions. If you have men alive and tell them to hold their position and fire, while you yourself are charging in melee, that is considered ramboing. If however, you lost all your men and you are far away from friendly lines, you can charge the enemy, but in that case, you are not allowed to stop and reload.

Rule 3: Lone cavalry commanders has to dismount and join friendly line.
·         If you are cavalry and lost all your men, you have to dismount and join friendly line. Joining another cavalry unit is not allowed.
·         If however you have bots, but they are not mounted, you have to dismount. (you can  give your horse to one of your bots, but you yourself must dismount in this case)

Rule 4: Screening/Distracting enemy lines is not allowed.
·         Means that if you go to the enemy flank without your unit will make the enemy line aiming at you and thus distracting them from aiming at much more important enemy.

Rule 5: Extremism and bad behavior are not allowed. That includes:
·         Extremist names like Hitler and his nazi associates,
·         Insulting and bigoted names,
·         Insulting other players on national basis or in any other way.

// Dudesson

DrRask
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: Nick / Name

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Using slurs in any way humoristically or not is not allowed your intention is completely irrelevant all that matters is what you are doing

SputNick^Swe
Topic Author

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Then what is allowed ? I feel offended by some off the admins name on here.
My point is what you think is offending is not to some, and vise versa. How do you or this group off admins determine what is offencive ? 

DrRask
Game Admin
Game Admin

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Rule 5: Extremism and bad behavior are not allowed. That includes:
·         Extremist names like Hitler and his nazi associates,
·         Insulting and bigoted names,
·         Insulting other players on national basis or in any other way.

This is what we use to determine what is offensive and what is not

SputNick^Swe
Topic Author

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am

So having Stalin , Usama bin laden or Mao is ok? its only nazis?

Or for who does it have to be insulting?

Gretel
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 pm

If you feel that an admins name is inappropriate or wish to post a complaint about an admin, you are more than welcome to post the admin complaint in this area of our forum: viewforum.php?f=67
Or if you wish to submit one for a rule do so here: viewforum.php?f=68

I do not know what your name was or why you were punished, but the rules for EU_Commander do not permit racism, extremist names or any name that may be deemed offensive by the admin. You are correct, it is perceived differently on what the admin may be. But they are told to punish according to these rules highlighted by Rask. Only putting some extra input here, you will receive word from a senior admin of this server or the head admin, but if you desire to go further before this occurs, you can issue a complaint by following the above.

SputNick^Swe
Topic Author

Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Thank you Gretel for your reply. 
But this is my point, I shouldnt have to enforce your rules on your server. 
And as long as i give an explenation to why i think something is offensive i can get that person to change the namne? 
an "  Insulting and bigoted name" is clearly not defined to what is offensive.

Thundgil
Senior EU Commander Admin
Senior EU Commander Admin

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello Dudesson,

I will try to give you some answers to your post:

Nick / Name or what ever u wanna call ur self, how can that be an issue for the admins? -That has to be an issue for an admin because of the rule 5. Rule 5 exists to protect players from beeing insulted and read names that may surely insult others. (Often picked only for that reason)
And especially how can Hitler and his associates be the only banned ones? -The reason why is really easy to understand. We don´t allow any kind of nacism at EUC. That is the reason why especially! Hitler and his associates aren´t allowed as nicks.

And please define an insulting or biggoting name ? is my name insulting because it inculdes "Dude" ? i just had a mate beeing kicked for having fag in his name, whilest beeing gay in an humoristic matter.
- I´m sure you know what is meant with that rule and the idea behind it. It´s not really possible to draw a perfect line between what is insulting others or maybe meant to be insulting or not. But: Your example is not on the right line. The player in question was named:  Captain_FurFag . Its a big difference between cutting "Dude" out of Dudesson and the meaning of that players name (without cutting only "fag" out of it) and i´m sure you know that. 
If an admin thinks the players name is meant to insult others - he should ask him to chance his name after he´s been kicked. Exactly that happened and the player came back with changed name and from there on all should be fine for all.
I swear that some ppl will recive that all kinds of nicks are insulting. -That´s the reason the admin decides. After his decision it can surely be discussed here or on discord but not on gaming server. In that case the link Gretel putted in above for complaints has to be used.
The Admins definetly shouldnt ban unless some one specifically contact an admin and explain why it is beeing insulting. This kind of bulls*** only ruins a good night of gamming. 
- As i explained above - the admins don´t ban players for theyr names. They ask for change - and kick players then. It´s not a big problem to change name and come back after. Only players who want to troll by coming back with the same or even worse names will probably be banned.

So without any kind of rules what do you think what would happen on server? We know what will happen and because of that the rule exists and has to be enforced by admins. You´re right that there is a large area that has to be decided by personal feeling of an admin. That is one of the reasons our admins are picked seriously after a long period of observation and after a long trial phase. 

I hope I could help a bit to make things more clear for you.

Respectfully

Thundgil

[32nd]Diamond63
Community Officer
Community Officer

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Nick / Name or what ever u wanna call ur self, how can that be an issue for the admins? And especially how can Hitler and his associates be the only banned ones? 

I swear that some ppl will recive that all kinds of nicks are insulting. The Admins definetly shouldnt ban unless some one specifically contact an admin and explain why it is beeing insulting. This kind of bulls*** only ruins a good night of gamming. 
8 months ago

// Dudesson
Hello and thanks for your post. Now to answer your questions:

First of all you mentioned that your friend was banned because he had "Fag" in his name. "Fag" is shorter from "faggot", which is not humoristic but insulting way to call someone "gay". 
As for your name, I don't know what was your name during that incident, but you can always write a complaint on our website here. Though we were informed that you weren't warned because of name but because you flamed a lot after your friend was kicked.
Next thing, the question about explaining bigoted names. It includes insulting names and slurs. If you still don't understand it fully, you can visit this website and take a look at what it means. We don't fully apply those rules listed on the website I sent you, because it would probably ruin all the fun, but there are some things we cannot and will not allow.
About extremist names: People with nazi names are warned and kicked to change the name on sight. Others with names like Stalin etc. aren't warned unless they really start trolling about extremism and anything else contradictory to our rules.

I hope we managed to clarify some things to you. If you still have any questions and complaints about any of the rules or admins, you are free to post a formal complaint on the website. Will lock this topic for now.

Cheers!