A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Forum rules
How to fill a ban request:

Open a new thread. Include the name of the offender in the title and fill the form.

CrimsonDragonCJ
Topic Author

Reporting Bipolar Express

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 am

--------------------------
Name of the offender: Bipolar_Express
Your ingame name (optional): CJ_vonDrachen
Date and hour (UTC/GMT): 3:30am GMT (approx)
His crime: Teamhitting/arty trolling
Evidence: 
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C - Building in front of cannon
Exhibit D - Killing a team member who tried to take down the works.
Exhibit E - ...And on it went. For the whole round.

Additional comments: I'm just reporting the offender today. I leave it up to you to judge the appropriate action.

Good day.
--------------------------

Loifas
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Re: Reporting Bipolar Express

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Hey CJ, looking at what the player has done, through the logs and your screenshots I can say that it isn't on the level of permanently banning this player. However if this player continues to break the server's rules they will find themselves getting banned far sooner. Our admin team will try our best to keep an eye on this player. If this player trolls anymore please post it with a screenshot under this thread.
Thank you for your report!
Cheers!
Loifas

CrimsonDragonCJ
Topic Author

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:29 am

Might I make a suggestion?

Would it be possible to make a separate thread for reporting a player, rather than looking for a straight up perm ban? 
Y'see, I wasn't looking for a perm ban; I was just reporting his behaviour. I was well aware that this was insufficient grounds for a perm ban. But I had nowhere else, to my knowledge, to post this report?

Just a thought.

CJ.

Loifas
Senior Minisiege Admin
Senior Minisiege Admin

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:06 pm

The reason why there isn't a seperate place for reports is that this section allows us to see if the player has been trolling before and is actually deserving of a permanent ban ( punished/warned multiple times before), as it brings our attention to the player when we start looking for logs of the incident and any other incidents that the player may have caused. If they haven't then it's a good reference point to when a player has trolled for any future occasions.
As they say: "Two birds with one stone".
That's why we say 'This isn't deserving of a permanent ban, but our admin team will try our best to keep an eye on this player'. You'll see that on any other reply to a ban request typically.
But you have brought up a valuable point, this section focuses heavily on a ban request and doesn't really give much of an impression of a normal report of trolling. I will bring this up with other staff members. Thank you for your suggestion CJ!

Cheers!
Loifas